Personal training sessions are a great investment especially if you're just starting out and looking to get fitter, or you've been exercising for a while and you're looking to take things up a notch.
A good Personal Trainer will educate you and keep you safe, motivated and accountable as you work towards your goals.
Points to consider before you hire a Personal Trainer :
1. Qualification : Ask your trainer when and where they gained their qualifications and what they currently do to stay on top of their education.
2. Speciality and expertise : Whether you are looking to run a marathon? Build strength ? are you currently pregnant?
Find a trainer who specialises in your goals.
3. Appearance isn't everything : Don't choose a trainer based on their abs. Just because they look good doesn't mean they're going to be good at their job or are going to get you the same results.
4. Personality is Key : While education and experience are important , there's really no point in choosing a knowledgeable trainer if your personalities clash. Make sure you get along with your personal trainer.
5. Cost : Personal training is not cheap. But it's not meant to be cheap. Its a premium service. A good trainer will spend time and money continuing their further education in order to stay on top of their game. Be careful of "cheaper" options because a good trainer is priceless
6. Health and Fitness philosophy : What's their outlook on health and fitness ? How do they like to work with clients ?
7. Client's motives / your motive to hire a personal trainer: Why are you looking to hire a personal trainer?
The best trainer in the world won't get you results unless you are 100% ready and committed to work.